1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion of DVD VOB files from PAL to NTSC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rast, Nov 22, 2004.

1. rast

rast Member

hey all

i have a DVD ripped to my hard drive that i believe is originally in the PAL format.

I need to convert this film to DVD.

my attempt to do it in NeroVision Express 3 had me come up with a film that was too big to fit on the dvd-r

anyone able to tell me what i could use?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Looks like you need DVD Shrink..

Write back if ya need some help with that program.

:)

3. rast

rast Member

thanx for the suggestion...i suppose i'm not *really* a newbie, just one in the sense that i have never converted PAL to NTSC for dvd video before....however....

using IFOEdit, i was able to open up the files that were already on my hard drive (ripped using dvdDecrypter) and edit the IFO files so that they claimed the video was in NTSC instead of PAL. i also checked the Auto-Letterbox mark and saved teh file....the test was to burn the disc back to a dvd...and it seems to have worked!!!

of course, this won't work with any PAL movies that have PAL Menus that one would want to keep intact, however it did *JUST FINE* for what i needed

now, my next question...sometimes when i rip in DVDDecrypter in IFO mode, DVDShrink won't open the files properly, due to Video_TS.ifo not always being named right...is there any way around this so that i can rip the movie only using DVDDecrypter and just double check that it will fit using DVD Shrink?

thanx for the fast response

4. DarkBob

DarkBob Member

Rast dude! I see you did exactly what I want to do. I've got a PAL .ISO that I picked up. I've ripped the files to a VIDEO_TS folder but they are in PAL format so when I burn them to DVD my DVD player pukes them out.

I got that IFO edit program but I can't see any way to change the files from pal to ntsc. Could you please post more info on the process you used?

Many thanks!!

--DB

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

rast,
    You can just rip your movies in Decrypter in "File" mode and select all the files. That way you will never have a problem with Shrink opening them up. This takes a little longer (2 to 3min) but is a sure way to make everything work out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Burners Nec 2500A
    Pioneer DVR 105