1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion of MP4 to M2TS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by ckwan, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

FFmpeg for AC3 encoding? Are you sure about this grkblood? Is EAC3to not the best choice for this as I recommended?

To add to cyprusrom's advice on YAMB for demuxing... Yes, YAMB is a great GUI for MP4box and can do the task quite fine. However, tsMuxeR can be the solution also as it has an inbuilt demuxer.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  2. albert_dk

albert_dk Guest

I think mp4 is fine , why to m2ts?
    my requirement is convert m2ts to mp4. and transfer to my ipod or psp,it's common use? right?

3. ckwan

ckwan Member

I just got a problem while trying to install AVSEdit, a software contained in the BD-Tools-1. I got the following error message:

C:\Program Files\AVSEdit\Languages\Catal?txt
    An error occurred when trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
    MoveFile failed; code 123
    The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Please help

4. ckwan

ckwan Member

The reason that I want to do it the other way around is I want to watch these videos on my big screen TV using the blu-ray player.

5. ckwan

ckwan Member

Never mind. I just solved this problem by changing my computer's Regional and Language setting.

6. ckwan

ckwan Member

I got the following error message while trying to install .NET Framework 2.0, a software contained in the BD-Tools-2 package:

"Setup cannot continue because this version of the .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one."

I also installed .NET Framework 1.1, also a software contained in this same package. Could this be the reason causing the problem? If so, how could I resolve this conflict?

Please help.

7. ckwan

ckwan Member

Having a problem in running YAMB.
    Here is what I did:
    Open Yamb -> Click on Editing -> Click to extract streams from AVI/MP4/MOV/TS files -> Import the MP4 files -> Click Next.
    Then I got the following error message:
    "Path of MP4Box is missing."

8. ckwan

ckwan Member

It does not appear that tsMuxeR would accept MP4 as input file. Here is what happened when I tried to demux my MP4 file with tsMuxeR:

Open tsMuxeR -> Click ADD -> Navigate to the MP4 file and Click on it -> error message: "Can't detect stream type"

9. ckwan

ckwan Member

Never mind. I just downloaded the latest beta version and it works this time.

10. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

The reason you got that message, "Path of MP4Box is missing." was probably because you downloaded the version that included just the GUI,and not MP4Box.exe, MKVExtract.exe , and EAC3to.exe.
    The second version has everything included.

tsMuxer does accept MP4. I got the message "Can't detect stream type", but the audio and video streams were detected and loaded, it was the subtitle stream inside the MP4 that was not recognized.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  11. ckwan

ckwan Member

Never mind. Just downloaded the newer version 1.10.6 and it takes the MP4 file this time.

12. ckwan

ckwan Member

Just tried your suggestion. EAC3to didn't take AAC as input file.

13. ckwan

ckwan Member

Did you ever try EAC3to on AAC input. I just tried it and had no luck.

14. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

15. ckwan

ckwan Member

This converter that you suggest does not accept aac format for input. I think I am going to pass the entire MP4 (both video and audio) without audio conversion as suggested by RUY77 into tsMuxeR to see if it would work. If it doesn't, I am going to have to give up.

16. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

No, you cannot input just the audio, you have to input the mp4 and will extract the audio to an AC3 stereo.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  17. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

How exactly did you try to use EAC3to? You do realise that this is a command based program? Although, there are some nice GUI's available.

AAC audio is definitely supported by EAC3to.

18. ckwan

ckwan Member

Here's what I did:

Click EAC3toGUI -> At the window "EAC3to Conversion Utility v2.00", Click Brouse -> Navigate to the AAC audio file and click on it -> Error Message: "Source File does not appear to have a valid exrension".

If this is not the right way to do it, can you tell me how you would do it?

Also, I must point out that when I put a flac audio to this converter using the same method, it was accepted although the output was a kind of strange. The audio appeared to have been speeded up.

19. ckwan

ckwan Member

Thanks. It works this time.

20. ckwan

ckwan Member

This software that you recommend is not a freeware and it costs $60 to register and it can only do file conversions. What I am thinking now is that it probably would make a lot of more sense to just buy a digital media player which can play back a lot of more different computer files from a portable hard drive and at the same time can connect to the big screen TV. The cost of this kind of player is about $100. Over the long run, it will save me money from having to buy a piece of software here and another piece of software there. Besides, it also takes a lot of time to read through the blu-ray conversion guide and install a ton of software onto the computer in which a lot of stuff in my opinion is not very useful.