1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

conversion of vob to divx results in horrible quality

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jibril5, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

What the hell are you doing? It doesn't SOUND like an ad... It IS an ad!

EDIT: Actually I just visited the website for this software. It seems you pretty much just copied and pasted the whole ad here. If anything why didn't you just paste a link? Which even that is not warranted here.

There was no need to post all that there. I was already wondering why I spent more time answering others on this thread, rather than helping the original person that started this topic.

I do feel more than competent enough to help jibril5, without others taking this thread off to more tangents than I can keep up with.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. freetrips

freetrips Guest

You are right you were answering the questions. I listed everything to to get the most commission from spamming.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2006
  3. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I understand what you are saying but please understand there are many applications that can do all this.

The original post did ask for alternatives to the application WinAvi. What I did was offer by far the most popular method. Any one with experience will always mention VirtualDub as the most important application.

I appreciate others trying to help but I feel that someone newer into encoding will just get overwhelmed and confused with all this information. I don't know what to say... I've already posted more than I wanted to (not in the amount of words but in the level of content). I wanted to help but it just went too far, so now I'll leave it alone.

4. freetrips

freetrips Guest

Perhaps I stuck my nose in where it does not belong. I have spent so many hours trying different software programs to convert files. Most of them were trial versions in which you only get so many tries before you have to purchase a license to keep using them. Thank God I did not pay for any of them because SUPER does it all, and it's free. The reason the post looks like an advertisement is because IT IS

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2006
  5. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Hey, Sorry... I didn't mean to offend. I just felt like I was undermined more than once in my attempt to help.

I just had a quick play around with this application. It seems easy to use and quite diverse... But it doesn't give you direct access to the DivX codec. So in the long run it may not be the best choice but it could be a good tool for standard users.

6. collarme

collarme Regular member

Thanks for the reply Ryu77.

I have TMPGEnc Plus. Would this be any good for the NTSC-PAL encode? (Although I'm sure I remember messing around with the settings trying to do just that!)

Thanks again.

P.S. OP- Original Poster.

7. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I am not sure about TMPGEnc plus, as I have only ever really used the 3.0 XPress version. I find it is very versatile and you can import DVD's straight into the application. It also has a built in filter base, with de-interlacing as one of them (there are choices for which method of de-interlacing to use too, but not as many as AVIsynth). Framerate output is also given as a choice... So yes you can convert NTSC to PAL.

The only point to note is TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress is not free... By the way TMPGEnc 4.0 is now available. I had a trial version of this, it seems to have more functionality including a dedicated DivX output tab.

8. collarme

collarme Regular member

I can see now what I missed. I always used to assume the video settings were info. on the file that was currently loaded. I'll give it another go now.

Thanks again.