1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

conversion problems: divx + .srt converted to hardcoded DivX (on cd-r)

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by gybexi, Jan 23, 2006.

1. gybexi

gybexi Member

Hi,

Just a simple question - I recently bought a DVD/DivX player and despite the store claiming it's capable of displaying subtitles for DivX videos, I'm suspecting it doesn't really (or just has them for DVDs which isn't much use to me).

If this is so, could you pls tell me if there is any way to bypass this problem - maybe simply hardcoding subtitles (.srt) to the DivX (.avi/divx) so it becomes one integral whole (hardcoded divX) rather than two standalone files (video + subtitle) might do the trick?

Also, if the above is a solution, most hardcoding solutions seem quite complicated. Is there one simple program that will, to put it crassly, "INPUT: DivX + .srt - OUTPUT: hardcoded DivX to be burnt on a simple CD-r" for me?.

PLS NOTE: I haven't got a DVD burner but just a simple CD-r writer so I can't produce DVDs (therefore I don't know if X-OOM's divx2dvd would be an ideal solution for me).

any ideas?

thanks

2. gybexi

gybexi Member

anybody?

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

DivX subs means xsubs. Anything else (external srt's, etc.) is optional for DivX certification. So if they said it supports DivX subs, then that means xsubs in .divx files. If they said it supported avi's with external textsubs, then in that case, yeah maybe they did lie.

I'd suggest that you try a .divx file with xsubs before you waste time and quality hard subbing.

4. gybexi

gybexi Member

ok thanks. i'll give it a shot.