1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert AVI, Xvid, DivX to DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by koola, Nov 15, 2003.

1. koola

koola Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  2. SKIP

SKIP Guest

Hi, Koola just to say thanks for your help in my previous post's...i am now trying my hand at AVI to DVD and being new to this it is Quite challenging but also good fun...once again many thanks.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

I too have had a little play with this and tmpgenc outputs mpeg2 but then after getting it to vob's in dvd author it only plays the sound and no video?

any ideas?

Thx

also why is it better to extract the audio so you have 2 files to make the mpeg2

as i use the same source for audio and video! but as i say dont work properly?

Thcx.

4. koola

koola Guest

1. Sounds strange Rotary, but it could be this.
    In TMPGEnc Plus, make sure that the [bold]System (Video+Audio)[/bold] box is selected under the header [bold]Stream type[/bold] in the bottom right hand corner. Make sure that you are also using a DVD Pal/NTSC Template!

2. It is better to seperate the Audio and Video into seperate channels so that they can be converted seperatly. This technique is normally used on VCD/SVCDs as the frequiency is not compatable with the DVD specification.
    If it is used on AVI, it is because the AVI is using DTS and the channel need to be down-muxed and make compatable. I noemally just use the Video+Audio option and it works perfectly every time.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

what was happening was a black screen when it got to vobs! but i think i sussed it now!

i have installed gspot and avicodec and it works now just got to see if the lip sync is out now at the end?

Thx.......

6. chasis2k3

chasis2k3 Member

hi i hope u can help me this has been doing me head right in all i want to do is convert dvix to dvd so as i can play them on me dvd player i got tmpeg and the auther i done all wot i surpose to do ,,but at the end ov all that it would burn it so i had to use nero 6 to burn it ,, but when i put it in the dvd payer it would not play the chapters it just skipped to the next chapter and so on

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

Just a quicky! id you set this right? as this will skip chapters! it had me going for a while!

[​IMG]

and does it play each chapter?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 3000 BARTON! <----- LIKE A ROCKET!!!
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1013]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS CORSAIR PLATINUM PC3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2003
  8. chasis2k3

chasis2k3 Member

Rotary ty for all ya help ill try it now i'll let u know if i suss it lol ty again

9. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LOL I love your sketches! (I still have the Realtime CD Speed thing somewhere! :p)

This is a useful thread indeed, I get tired from time to time seeing the same post over and over and over and over and over and over........*Praetor drones on*

*Praetor clicks the sticky button*
    :) Cheers.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hey there praetor

HAHAHAHAHAH.................

I still got that picture of nero real time cd speed! i have started a sort of collection now to help people on here! i just do them quick to answer threads with no finesse as you can see! LOL

its a shame the new nero cant be regedited to do the same only v5?

also praetor did you notice me new chip in my sig! very nice!

live long and prosper!

11. Praetor

Hehe as soon as something useful is posted, nobody asks anymore :p

Of course, gotta watch out the thread doesnt become too useful otherwise people will ask without reading or searching (i.e., my CODEC thread) hehe._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.addictz.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2003
  12. Praetor

See last post :p

13. A_LOLO

A_LOLO Member

I am trying to use TMPGEnc Plus version 2.5, and i cannot use XVid files to convert to mpeg2. says file is unsupported or cannot be opened. Any one know what to do.

thanks

14. Praetor

15. coldheart

coldheart Member

hello just like to tell you about this programme i came across for turning xvid/divx/avi TO mpeg1/2 vcd svcd vob dvd or vice verser called super dvd creator http://www.alldj.com/ its simple interface and user controles make it a must have programme takes only the time of the film plays it wile converting it to the format you want with no loss of quallity...
    coldheart...

16. needname

needname Guest

Could I please get some help getting my converted .avi to mpeg burnt to cd. Here is what I have done so far.

First I used Super DVD Creator 5 to convert a 700 meg .avi xvid file to mpeg2. After I converted, I know have 2 files in my directory. One file is xxxxxx_aud file that is 92.9 meg and is a mpeg file. The other is also a mpeg file named xxxxxxx_vid.m2v which is only 1 kb. I was wondering if there is something I had to do to burn both files together or if I have to put them together first. I played the mpeg_aud file and of course it has no video but has sound. Could someone please help me get this burnt to cd and if so tell me how I can make a bin/cue file to burn this movie with nero. If there is anymore info you may need please let me know and I will post anything I can to help. What I was hoping to do was convert the xvid to mpeg2, then convert the mpeg2 to a bin/cue file, but now I have 2 files, one audio and one video. Can I put these 2 files together somehow or what do I have to do to get this movie burnt to cd. Thanks in advance for any info that may be provided. I have learned everything I know so far (which isn't much) from these forums. Thank you.

17. G33z3r

G33z3r Guest

I have the same problem as A-LOLO. I can watch all the videos fine, and normal AVI's will convert, but with Xvid's it says it's unsupported. Is this STILL a codec problem with converting even though i can still watch? (wouldn't that mean i have the codec anyway?)

18. G33z3r

G33z3r Guest

Basically just wondering if the codec to convert and the codec to watch are different.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2004
  19. Praetor

Its the same codec.

20. acko

acko Member

OK i downloaded a Xvid movie 100% quality, but i have a problem i want to convert it to vob files (video_TS) and i used you site for a quide but when you try to open the Xvid file it says that its either not a supported format or cannot be opened would you be able to help me plzzz