1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert DVD to Zune using Free Software

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by natebabe, Jan 28, 2009.

1. natebabe

natebabe Member

I've tried this method on the ZUNE 30 and 80 and it works flawlessly for me.

1) Download and install DVD Decrypter. You should be able to find a copy somewhere on the net.
    2) Download and install FREE ZUNE CONVERTER 1.1 (earlier version didn't work for me) from here
    Don't get confused by the adverts for AVS Video Converter. You don't need it, and its not free.
    3) In DVD Decrypter go to TOOLS > SETTINGS > IFO MODE > OPTIONS and set the file splitting to NONE and click OK
    4) Select IFO under the MODE menu
    5) Put in your DVD and let DVD Decrypter find it.
    6) On the right hand side you'll see a box called input with PGC 1, 2 etc in. These are the individual episodes or videos on the disc. When I decrypt discs each video appears twice which you can tell by the video lengths. I choose the 1st appearance of each video. You'll need to decrypt each video one at a time by highlighting the video's PGC and clicking decrypt.
    7) When all the episodes have been decrypted open Free Zune Converter and drag the decrypted files into the white box. Select the profile you need for your Zune using the Profile List.
    8) Click encode

Enjoy

2. natebabe

natebabe Member

Just an important point to add, If you are decrypting more than one video from a disc its important to rename the decrypted file VTS_01_1.VOB each time before you start the next one or else it will over write the file you've just created. You can do this manually, or follow the rename prompt in DVD Decrypter when you attempt to decrypt the next video.