1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert .mov files

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by natb, Feb 28, 2005.

1. natb

natb Member

I have several home movies taken with my Kodak CX7530 digital camera (in movie mode). Although we can easily view the movies on the computer, I'd like to be able to convert these files (now in .mov format) and combine them so they can be burned to a DVD and viewed on our living room DVD player. Most of the files run about 10-15 minutes but I have about 10 of them. I emailed Kodak about this and they said there are many programs available to do this but they said I'd have to find them on my own. Can anyone please tell me what program or programs I need to do this? Thanks for any help.
    Natb

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Tmpgenc with the Quicktime plugin will do it easily.
    AFAIK, the plugin is free, and tmpgenc is 30 day demo.
    Get version 2.5x plus.

3. natb

natb Member

Thank you for the info Rebootjim. I will definitely check out TMPGEnc. Perhaps I'll even purchase it if it works.
    Natb

4. blazr001

blazr001 Guest

damn i had this same problem. glad i did a search so nobody can get on me about it. LOL

5. blazr001

blazr001 Guest

umm. when i check the plugins theres nothing for quicktime and when i go to their download page theres no download for the quicktime plugin. or do i just need to have quicktime on my computer.

6. blazr001

blazr001 Guest

never mind. geeez im such a newb