1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert mpeg to vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dance916, Oct 6, 2004.

1. dance916

dance916 Guest

does anyone now how to convert mpeg files to vcd files with nero 6 ?

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Typing [bold]mpeg to vcd[/bold] in the [bold]search box[/bold] up top this forum and clicking [bold]GO[/bold] would have given you quite a few thread to look at !

Here's one that will put you on the right track and then you can look at the guide it relates to .

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/52254

If you dig further , there must be one that uses Nero. And whatabout the NERO manual online they are so well put together -- look at one:-

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/manuals/nerorecode/NeroRecode_eng.pdf
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2004
  3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

But isn't there a VCD forum?
    By the way, if you there you'll find a 'sticky' theads on '100% working method to make a VCD'. Try reading it.
    Don't use Nero, pleease!!!

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Nero vision express (free add on)is an excellent choice for this conversion. But there are heaps of other apps too.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*moved to appropriate forum*

6. dance916

dance916 Guest

whats wrong with nero ?

7. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Millions of people posted on this forum about millions troubles thay had with Nero '..a VCD I made with Nero doesn't work, my DVD player sees all the whole screen black...the .MPG s too big, I cannot split it with Nero...the audio goes out-of-sync more and more as long as I watch the movie..'.

Therefore, since my 'VCDs method' work ALWAYS, I have assumed that it's a problem of Nero and/or the files they udse for the VCDs, not of the users. Remember, a movie can be: badly ripped, framerate unknown, a MPEG-2 (SVCD) and NOT a MPEG-1 which can be asily loaded, with sound which goes out-of-sync durnig the play, a movie which is too big to fit into a CD... all troubles that I've succesfully overcomed with TMPGenc + VCDEasy. If you nevrr had one similar troubles, lucky you!
    I find Nero an axcellent burning application for newbies, but to make more sophisticated things (chapters, interactive menus, MPEG stills which say 'Please insert Disc 2' at the end of the 1st CD, converting 'ripped riff files' to 'True MPEGs'.. it simply doesn't work.
    If you don't agree with me, please go on using Nero. But my personal aim is to 'convert' most of the users to my method, not because it's mine, but it works 100% (AND REALLY 100% OF THE TIMES).

8. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

I completely agree, I have TMPGenc 3.0 express and it rocks, the only thing I love about Nero vision Express is its ability to convert DVD PAL to NTSC or vice versa, without the need to change it to AVI and back to DVD in the process. If you know how I can overcome this with TMPGenc I would love to hear it.