1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert mpg or vob file into a burnable dvd format???

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kawi007, Feb 9, 2007.

1. kawi007

kawi007 Member

Hi guys - I have a tivo so i use tivo desktop to transfer the .tivo file onto my pc. I then use Videredo to edit commercials and then I save that file as an mpg or I can save it as a vob file. So after that I am stuck at what to do! I try and open the mpg or vob file into dvd shrink or dvd decrypter and they both say the files are invalid. So I know I need to somehow convert the mpg file or a vob file into an iso image or some sort of file so those burning enginges are able to open them so I can burn them to dvd-r. Please help!! I have done searches on these forums and have found nothing to help me. Thanks!!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

convertxtodvd should do what you are trying to do

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

4. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

I'm doing the same thing except I capture Comcast Digital to PC via Pinnacle External USB. I want to creat the DVD myself (menues, chapters and such so I chose not to do the Instant DVD wich would of corse just make VOBs then burn through Pinnacle but fixed menues and such. I opened the DVD files in Nero Ultra NeroVision and everything went fine. When finished , video was out of sink to some degree and even skipped or often froze. Sounds was fine for the most part. Pinnacle is capturing as 720x480i, is this a resolution issue and not compatible with Nero?

Should I Capture as MPEG2 or 4 and edit in NeroVision or stay with Pinnacle? I opt to use NeroVision cause I know it better but willing to learn Pinnacle if it's actually better. I have Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 with Creative CS 2 suiet so I would really like to make use of this if it's not overkill for my Pioneer LaserDisc to DVD transfers.

Do I loose any quality by capturing as AVI then to convert to 480i DVD with Nero? And what software is best for cleaning up the audio in an AVI capture without sepperating it and having to put it back in synk again?