1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert OGM to VCD/SVCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Adamly, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Adamly

Adamly Member

Am sure this has been asked b4 but I did check forums and glossary to see if that would help. I used Virtualdubmod on an OGM to get an .avi and .ogg file. I then used TmpgEnc to piece the vid and audio back together. The program will not reckonize the .ogg file for the audio so I get an error message when I try to start it(least I think that is why). Can someone direct me to a detailed guide or perhaps some different software to get me past this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

2. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

Yes I'm having this problem too I think the reason is because its a dual audio file and it wont do the audio part of it. You dont actually need to convert the file to a avi to convert to mpeg.Go to options and go to environmental settings and make sure Direct Show Multimedia File Reader is priority 1. Sadly this website doesnt have any guides on how to convert ogms.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

as i said earlier posts. OGM is a container. you don't have to reencode.
    select direct stream copy and save as avi

or frameserve it to tmpgenc, also DSC

avi won't mux ogg vorbis audio. unless you hacked it (i'm not too sure about this)

4. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

well whats the point if it doesnt get the audio part of it for my stuff their is two audios japanese and english i want it to do the japanse part of it along with the subtitles to it. Is their a way to do this?
    You guys need to make a guide on how to do this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All your other guides are useless to me. Your guides are focused on the easy stuff when someone needs a guide or help on something you help the person.This is something that you guys should figure out and help me on.Btw my previous topic went unanswered I still need help about all this stuff.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  5. Vegetto

Vegetto Member