1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Quicktime .MOV to MPEG

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by aldaco12, Sep 16, 2004.

1. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I have this problem: I have a videocamera that creates the movies in .MOV format. I want to make a VCD with it, but i tried THREE converters (WinMPG, River Past Video Cleaner, WinAVI) and the result is that the output movies is trembling (on the registered version of WinMPG I already had and, on River Past Video Cleaner, also with a logo added inside the movie because the trial was on a shareware version).
    The movie is rather bad even if the original .MOV was not. Is there something I can do? I am doing someting wrong?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Mov can be a real Bitch to encode to Mpeg...

Maybe try encodeing the Mov file to Uncompressed AVI useing the same Frame rate and Resolution and then encode the AVI file to Mpeg useing Tmpgenc or some other quality Mpeg encoder..(WinMPG,River Past Video Cleaner,WinAVI Are NOT good quality mpeg encoders)

3. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

you can try using the quicktime reader plug-in for tmpgenc so you dont have to convert to avi before encoding. just copy the file straight into the tmpgenc folder and you should be able to read any quicktime movie.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4942/QTReader.zip

u may need quicktime 4 for it to work properly.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Thanks boys, very kind of you. I'll try to do that.