1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert ssg,oog, to Divx AVI?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by JesterDev, May 2, 2007.

1. JesterDev

JesterDev Member

Following the advice from many forum members I went out and bought myself a DVD player that supports Divx (Divx Ultra(?) to be exact). However many of my files are not avi files. They are SSG, and OGM files. The Divx converter does not support these files. So what can I use to BATCH covert these files (hopefully directly into Divx Home theater) to divx home theater avi files? Perhaps even to a supported resolution (720x480) at that!

I have about 600gigs worth of video's that I would like to batch covert.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Never heard of an SSG video file. SSG is a scene release group, however I didn't think they did videos (more applications).

All ogm video streams are avi compatible and tend to be Xvid or DivX, so you may be able to get away with simply remuxing. The audio on the other hand is usually vorbis which isn't exactly avi compatible.

Some players actually support vorbis/ogm.

For batch converting you might want to try mencoder. It can batch process (for %%f in (*.ogm) DO (mencoder.exe)), re-encode the audio (-oac mp3lame) and remux the video (-ovc copy). It can also re-encode the video (-ovc xvid or lavc) and resize should it be required.

For more control you could also batch ogmdemux, batch re-encode the audio and batch remux with AVI-Mux GUI.

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  3. JesterDev

JesterDev Member

Alright well it seems the ssg files are subtitles of some sort. For some reason I didn't even see the ogm files mixed in there. That's what I get for trying to take care of this after a 12 hour shift I guess.

Thanks for the info btw! Once I download the app I'm sure it will make more sense. :)

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Actually if you aren't used to cli apps, then it probably won't.

If they are subtitles then SSA would make more sense because I haven't heard of a SSG subtitle format either.