1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert TV shows to DIVX

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by capriani, Apr 28, 2005.

1. capriani

capriani Member

I record tv shows with a Hauppage pci card to my hard drive, the shows are in MPEG2 format and I want to put the more I can on DVDs. I want to convert them to DIVX wich gives a lot of compression. What software should I use to perform that?

I tried VirtualDub but it can't read MPEG2 files. It's an issue that is documented.
    I tried VirtualDub-MPEG2, when I open a file it is first preprocessed and when I start to watch it, it lags and the image is really not in sync with the audio but the audio is constant.
    Same as previous with VirtualDubMod.

I would prefer some freeware. Please advice.

2. pfh

pfh Guest

3. capriani

capriani Member

I have tested the Dr. Divx and it's doing the conversion to avi files. It's a trialware and my 15 days period has expired. Basically, I would like to achieve the same thing wihout the need to pay for it.

I will look further to the VirtualDubMod documentation. I have found a tutorial that should be of great help. I'm doing some tests and will look further at this software.