1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert WMV into VCD and burn onto a CD-R?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by NINVIN21, Apr 12, 2005.

1. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

Can i do this can i convert wmv into vcd and burn on a cd-r or cd-rw?Do I need a dvd-rom to do this ?
    What would be the best software to do this?
    Please help i could not find this info anyware I cant sleep
    What all software would I need to do this ?
    Is there a site that would tell be to do this in steps?
    Thank you everyone for the help in the past and hopefully the help to come

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

[bold]Wrong forum. Message moved.[/bold]
    I think you should convert .WMV --> .MPG, first (mpeg-1 [VCD] is often enough) and keep in mind that VCDs (they use CD-R, or CD-RW media if they are read by DVD players) can keep 800 MB of mpegs.
    Sorry, I don't have the solution on how to do the conversion. I hope someone else can help you...read the 'sticky' threads of this forum or http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ to understand what VCD are (but the preparation usually starts from AVIs, not from WMVs...)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I managed to discover it, and sorry for the delay (but usually WMV are lousy, I never opened one).

TMPGenc Plus 2.5 can open it (but whan you click 'browse' to load the movie you have to select, in the following page 'All sources (*,*)' because otherwise the .WMV extension is not showed.
    But, luckily, it can be opened , so you can follow any guide I suggested only keeping in in mind that your .WMV must be treated (apart the *.* trick) like if you had an AVI file.
    After the conversion WMV --> MPG , all will be easy. No guarantee on the quality of the final pruduct...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005