1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by charles42, Mar 8, 2003.

1. charles42

charles42 Member

i'm a newbie, and need to know the steps to convert a .avi file to a .mpeg file using nero. i need to do this because TPMGEnc won't open it so i can cut the movie in half and put one half on one cd and the other on the other cd. plez help soon with STEPS.
    thanx

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Did you try Nero Express? Go to Start>Programs>Ahead Nero>Nero Express. Now go to Video's& Pictures. Pic what conversion you want (VCD, SVCD). Add the avi file and then follow the steps. WARNING, encoding process can be very long depending upon the speed of your processor, so be patient, lol. Give it a go and let me know if Nero Express worked for you m8. Remember that what you download is what you get. If you didn't originally do the avi encode, then it's possible the avi video quality sucks, or can be magnificant. A good way to tell is by the avi file size. 700 megabyte for 1 cd is pretty darn good and should result in great video quality. Smaller avi files (entire movie) maybe not soo good at all.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2003