1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converted ds fanboy in need of help!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Habbah, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Habbah

Habbah Member

ok so i am used to the psp. i have had one for a year and know how to use every pice of homebrew how do downgrade nad install all of the custom firmwares! but today my love of mario and nintendogs converted me to a ds fanboy... and i have loads of questions because i am lost! in every sense of the word when it comes to the ds! here are my questions:

1: does the ds have a custom firmware that can play downloaded ds games?

2: is it possable to play downloaded ds games?

3: i have a ds light and how do i run homebrew and stuff?

4: what hardware do i need to run this stuff? be really specific! cause if you just say i need a m3 ( there is like 6 of them ) i will scream and rip out my hair!

5: how hard is it to play homebrew games? and run downloaded ds games if possable?

6: is there a website where they offer free downloads of ds games? like the ds version of pspiso.com?

7: will my psp memorystick pro duo work with putting homebrew on it?

please help me! im lost

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

1: Yes, FlashMe and FwNitro, though neither are required and only a few people use FwNitro.

2: Yes, just buy a flash cart and stick the games on it

3: Just buy a flash cart and stick homebrew on it

4: An M3

5: DS games are easy, just stick them ont he card and run them, homebrew sometimes requires you to copy other folders etc. onto the card for it to work.

6: ds-rom.news.org

7: No, I don't think there are any carts that support the Memory Stick (Pro) (Duo) formats. Proably becuase of the costs compared to other cards.

4: Continued :p Your probably best off buying a CycloDS Evo or maybe the M3 DS Real, both have the best features such as perfect download play support, cheat systems etc. and both support MicroSDHC cards so you can buy a stupidly large amount of storage (i think it's up to 6GB atm) The CycloDS has a couple of features the M3 dosn't have such as backlight control in-game and some in-game menu, however I think it also costs more than the M3. Both have a good team behind them for firmware updates and games compatibility, though the M3 team have been around alot longer.

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

1rom.net is a good place for roms also, theres atleast 5 others that a lot of people use.

each game is about 32mb-64mb, and sometimes 120 something mb, but can go as low as 5mb. with that in mind, how much space do you need or want for your ds? if its only 2gb or less then i wouldnt get an m3real or cyclods, unless you like the interface menu. im pretty bumbed out i got the r4 instead of g6 because the g6 looks nicer, but besides the menu, they are both reliable and good flashcarts.

4. Habbah

Habbah Member

omg thank you soo much! i was soo lost!

but one last thing i am getting the evo cause it is kewl! but i was just wondering do most micro sd cards come with something to hook it up to your computer with usb?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007