1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converted XviD to DivX with Dr. DivX...no audio!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Noya, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Noya

Noya Member

I was looking for a program to convert my XviD movies to DivX as my Phillips 642(firmware 1109) has only played a couple of Xvids but all my DivX movies. Im sick of wasting media. So I use Dr.DivX to convert the first half of an XviD movie that played fine on the PC. I suppose I used the standard Dr.Divx settings but clicked the video setting up to second best. Encodes it succesfully. I play it on WMP, WinDVD, etc. and theres no audio. The XviD file is AC3 audio if that matters, which was converted to 128k(2x64k) MP3 . I used GSpot and it says I have all the needed A/V codecs. Anyone know what's going on?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You need an AC3 decompressor for Dr. DivX. Even TMPGenc cannot convert the AC3 sound (Dolby Surround) of an AVI movie even you can hear it from the input AVI. If you don't have any, try extracting the audio with VirtualDubMod (Stream menu) and to convert AC3 --> MP2 with BeSweet (+ GUI). After that, delete the AC3 audio stream and add the MP2 audio stream (again: VirtualDubMod's Stream menu).

Carefull: any AVI compression often lowers the movie quality. Why don't you make a couple of (S)VCDs?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  3. Noya

Noya Member

Thanks for the input. I was making SVCDs..but it seemed more economical to "simply" convert/merge movies and place several on each DVDr. I think I will go back to SVCDs for the simplicity of it lol.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  4. Noya

Noya Member

"Why don't you make a couple of (S)VCDs?"

Umm...how do I do this with XviDs?
    Thanks

5. steveobos

steveobos Member

Do you know about pressing the System Button 2x once the movie starts? All my movies are in XvID format and play fine on the Phillips 642 fine. If the files are encoded at a low rate, you'll have problems with both codecs.

6. shiroh

shiroh Guest

try cdrw

7. Artimus20

Artimus20 Member

steveobos, do you know if this works for qpel encoded Xvid's on the phillips 642? when i press play, it tries to read the file and kicks you back to the menu screen with a qpel encoding message. at what point do you press the system button 2x?

if this doesn't work, what's the best and fastes way to convert Xvid's to Divx so i can play them on this player? i've tried winavi and i just got Dr. Divx but have no idea how to use it. any help would be great. for some reason there are no guides on converting Xvid to Divx??

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005