1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting 8mm to DVD using PC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dvinek, May 29, 2007.

1. Dvinek

Dvinek Member

Hello, I need some help please. I have some movies still on 8mm (sony 360 camcorder) it does have a sVideo connector. I am looking to capture it on my pc...I have a Dell labtop w/ Windows movie maker. Do I need to do anything special to transfer the data???

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Dvinek
    Welcome to the forum. Does the computer have a S-Vid (in) connection? If it does then start the program to capture the video and then start the camcorder in Play mode. That should capture the movie onto the HD. After that you can use Avi2DVD to convert the files to DVD-Compliant form and then burn using whatever program you use.

Now the bad news: Most of the S-Vid connections on most computer are (out) only. If you have a separate video card that runs the graphics on the computer please post the name and model # so hopefully we can help. If the computer does not have the necessary proper ports then you can maybe find a friend that does and use their computer to acheive what you want to do

EDIT:
    There used to be a box that you could connect the S-Vid connection to and then that then connected into your usb port. I have not seen one in a while but someone else might have and can direct you to where you can buy one

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  3. Berryone

Berryone Regular member