1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting a movie to AVI, or MPEG2,3

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by xtbone, Sep 15, 2004.

1. xtbone

xtbone Guest

I have recently backed up a movie, Waynes World, and I would like to use a scene in my home video. I use Pinnacle 9 and it does not read my backed up cd. Do I need to change the format? if so how? I currently show Audio TS and Video TS on the disk where all of the files are in the Video TS folder as VOB. Please help. Thank You.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You don"t open Video Files with an Editing Program that are still on CD/DVD....

Copy the Vob files to your Hard drive and then use a VOB editor like "Chopper XP" or "Mpeg2Cut" to cut out the scene you want to use and save it as a Mpeg file and then you can use it in your Video project...

3. xtbone

xtbone Guest

I realized that my movie is in VTS_01_1 file format and chopperxp does not support this. Can you suggest another program that might. I gave the wrong information on my first post. Thank you for your help. Tbone

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

There is no such a thing as a Video format called "VTS_01_1" the Video files in the Video_TS folder have a .vob extention and these are the Video files..Each VOB should be about 1gb each accept for the last one...
    So if you Load the Vob files into chopper XP you will be able to Edit the File....