1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting a PAL DVD to NTSC

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Zerg-Meat, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Zerg-Meat

Zerg-Meat Guest

Hi y'all, I'm looking for the easiest, cheapest way to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC...also, I'm trying to do it in such a way that the quality is good, ie., no frame additions or deletions, but rather frame blending to match the NTSC frame rate. I've heard that AVISynth is good but is really hard to use unless you're familiar with scripting...(there's a guide on AVISynth somewhere here that I checked out but I wasn't able to get all the way though and I'm kind of in a hurry, it looks like learning to script in AVISynth would take quite some time). I've also heard that Canopus Prodcoder is good but when I checked out the price I found it cost $500+!

Are there any applications out there that are

a.) Easy to use
    b.) Are free or don't cost a lot
    c.) Convert frames by blending (slow down or speed up) the frames to match the new frame rate, not by deleting or adding them (to avoid skipping in action sequences).

Looking forward to any ideas anyone might have!

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Canopus Procoder Express is only $59

3. Zerg-Meat

Zerg-Meat Guest

Really? That's affordable. Can it do high-quality PAL/NTSC conversion (frame blending ie., frame slowdown and speed up)? And does it involve a lot of scripting?

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

It's excellent at pal ntsc conversions.
    No scripting, nothing fancy, it's easier than tmpgenc.

5. Zerg-Meat

Zerg-Meat Guest

Thanks a lot for the info man! Much appreciated! :)