1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting .AC3 to mpeg3 ???

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by teflonz, Jan 16, 2005.

1. teflonz

teflonz Guest

I have an .AVI and i want to extract the .ac3 audio convert it into MPEG3, then merge the AVi with the new audio file. What program should i use to do this
    I think I can do it with HeadAC3he but how do i join the 2 files once im done .

Thanks ...

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

VirtualDubMod (Stream__Stream List___add/delete to add/delete any audio stream from the AVI/MPEG) http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdubmod.cfm. Use Video___Direct Stream Copy, since the video will remain the same, and Save (F7)!
    To add an AVI, do File___Append Segment, load the 2nd AVI and then F7 (Save).
    To avoid confusions between the streams, I suggest you to do:

1. make the 1st AVI (load 1st, Stream__Stream List --> delete the audio stream it has and you don't want (if it has one), add audio stream, Video_Direct Stream Copy, F7[Save]: save AVI1)
    2. make the 2nd AVI (load 2nd, Stream__Stream List --> delete the audio stream it has and you don't want (if it has one), add audio stream, Video_Direct Stream Copy, F7[Save]: save AVI2)
    3. marge AVI1 + AVI2 (open AVI1, add segment..open AVI2, Video__Direct Stream Copy , F7 [Save as] save as AVI_merged)

Again, Video__Direct Stream Copy is THE choice for an unedited video.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  3. teflonz

teflonz Guest

aldaco thanks abunch bro i owe u big time ...

if your wondering why i would want to do this ?
    i just baught a new toy , the RCA Lyra A/V jukebox sweet lil thing wit 3.5 inch HD LCD, 20 GB, display photos, jpegs, MP3s , MPEG4s videos. (ah i almost forgot the best thing about this toy is it will let you download str8 from the television or other output devices) and it puts it into great quality.
    The only draw back is that it only will play Divx 4/5 mpeg4s i guess with the audio encoded in MPEG3 =( so all my archived flixs i have must be converted. If anyanyone might have goood program to do this all in 1 shot id kiss you.
    2 clearify = Take any .AVI/Xvid/Divx etc ... and convert it to true MPEG4 with MPEG3 audio encoding
    all must be in flawless format
    I feel very strong about making a new thread about this sticky moderators, as this MPEG4-SP encoding is the future for us in the video editing world. I see very little about MPEG4 just in the commentary section with that 1 lil interview. This will be the dominate format for awhile till the can compile the 3g mobile phone protocols and outofdate divxs and xvid avis into 1 nice encodable format.

Thanks for your time again

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2005