1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting and burning MKV files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Teknofobe, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Teknofobe

Teknofobe Member

I'm having terrible trouble doing this. I wonder if someone can help me with the following problem.

I have downloaded some videos that are MKV files, but I cannot seem to find a program that converts them and burns them so that I can play them on my DVD player. I've tried Nero Express, I've tried ConvertXtoDVD but none of them seem to accept the MKV files. They accept avi and other files but not mkv and it's getting very frustrating.

Are there any software programs where I can just insert the MKV files, which convert them and burns them at the same time (similar to what Nero Express and ConvertXtoDVD do with the avi files)?

I hope I've explained this clearly. Oh yes, as you can see from my username, I'm not technically brilliant, so a dummy's explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. MysticE

MysticE Active member

You may have other issues. I've converted many mkv files with ConvertX with no problems. The end results are also very nice.

[​IMG]

4. Teknofobe

Teknofobe Member

Thanks for all your replies - I will look into it and what I might do is download it again.

Thanks again.

5. Miami797

Miami797 Member

Dr.Divx will convert mkv and many other video files to a divx that will play on any dvd player that plays them. It's free and it's divx certified.

6. gamillah

gamillah Member

I have had the same issue with mkv files and convertxDVD. It tells me invalid or unsupported file format.

but I will give it a go again myself! Thx for the input.