1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting asf to mp3 porblem

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ugiim, Sep 12, 2004.

1. ugiim

ugiim Member

after converting asf to mp3 with any program my song is cut off half its suppose to be a 3 min song now its 1:50 can anyone tell me how to convert asf to mp3 without any cut offs any help would be truely appreciated :D

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

what did you use to convert it? i would use adobe premiere or some editing program if you have it. there may be other converters that do movie to audio files, IDK.

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

4. ugiim

ugiim Member

I downloaded this program and this doesnt convert asf to anything please help!

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

did you try installing the windows media codecs? it probably won't work without those...

6. ugiim

ugiim Member

Yes i did can anyone tell me simple instruction how to or were to download any program that converts asf t mp3 without no problems. I did some research and some ppl added blank seconds to their song and the missing ones were recovered at blank seconds does anyone know a program that adds blank seconds Thanks!

7. Veblin

Veblin Active member

If you installed dBpowerAMP Music Converter and the codecs, right click on your .asf file and select Convert To.

8. ugiim

ugiim Member

Man Thanks Veblin it worked ur my hero :D!

9. shingy

shingy Member

Hi there - I've done all of the above and when I try and convert the asf file I get a message saying "The file could not be opened". I have checked all the read write permissions and they are fine. Is there some check that is preventing me opening this? Do you know how I can get around it?
    Any help is really appreciated

10. Pireaa

Pireaa Guest

Hey, you may download Xilisoft Audio Converter and have a try. It can extract ASF, WMV, AVI, MPEG to some audio formats.

11. shingy

shingy Member

There are these ASF tracks on the FIFA 2005 PS2 DVD and I just want to be able to listen to them on mp3 but your Xilisoft tool won't do it either.
    It recognises they are ASF but it never seems to make any progress when converting and DbPowerAmp can't seem to open them.
    Is it this DRM checking that I've been reading about? Has anyone else had the same problem to what I'm describing? Thanks for trying Pireaa