1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting AVI files to DVD format problem!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sgtwarpig, Feb 18, 2007.

1. sgtwarpig

sgtwarpig Member

I am wondering why when converting avi or mpg files to dvd format sometimes either at the beginning or near the end of the movie it gets choppy. The dvd stops and starts doesnt run smooth. It seems to me that it happens when the movie is longer then two hours. I am basically burning through my dvds to get a good copy that will play on my dvd player sometimes I am burning two or three before I get one to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using various converters to switch the format and I run into problems using all of them.

thanks

2. unolord

unolord Regular member

I use Convertxtodvd and never have a problem. I used to use Nero and never had an issue with it either. Done some stuff well over 2hrs in length.

What type of blank discs r using? Low quality discs like Memorex will result in low quality burns/playback. Stick with Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Sony/Maxell(made in Japan)and burn at half the rated speed of disc.

Is the firmware of your burner up to date? That can cause issues.

3. sgtwarpig

sgtwarpig Member

I use exactly the same software convertxtodvd and nero still get some dvds that i have problems with as far as the brand of dvd i used sony, memorex, and an off brand called playo and the ones i had the most problem with is sony. dont know how to check the firmware of my burner but i know its a philips 8701 but when i tried to see if it needed the drivers updated it says it has the most up to date drivers i dont know what you mean by firmware? but i have read else where that it might be a problem but dont know how to fix it. Can you offer any help?

thanks

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

To me it sounds like a media problem, Only use the best to get the best results, the best are Verbatims and Taiyo Yuden

BTW, open nero Info tool to find out what version u firmware is.

5. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member