1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting AVI to DVD using Nero

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by nelleyjd, Jan 1, 2005.

1. nelleyjd

nelleyjd Member

I am trying to convert an avi file to dvd using nero recode 2. The file converts ok, but the sound is always at least 5 seconds behind the picture. I have tried by just saving to hard disc as well as burning straight to dvd with the lowest write speed and still get the same results. I have also tried the trial version of WinAvi and still get the same results when converting to dvd. The only thing that has worked is converting the avi to mpeg2 using WinAvi, the sound is right, but the video quality is poor. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do or even if you know of any free software that I can download that will do the job.

2. danwalden

danwalden Member

Using win avi video converter. Convert the avi to DVD
    then use dvd shrink 3.1 to burn to dvd. The quality is'nt as good as the orignal, but it is pretty good. I had the same problem with audio video synk. Also remember when you are converting the avi's that they have been converted from DVD to avi then to DVD again.
    This is called a 3rd gen, the quality is reduced by this process. also try not to run alot of programs while converting and burning. Good luck.

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

VSO DivXtoDVD is also a great tool and very easy to use.

http://www.vso-software.fr/

Will convert your .AVI(Xvid / DixV / MPG) files to DVD (*.mob files) and ready to be burned !