1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting avi to dvd without loosing quality

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by leesom, Jan 12, 2007.

1. leesom

leesom Guest

hey i am not that new to conversion but what i was wondering is if anybody could tell me a way that i can convert my avi to dvd (vob) wihout loosing quality.. now at the moment i use vso convertxtodvd but for some reason when the final product comes out in the darker scenes of the movie it becomes pixelated .. and this really bugs me so if any body could refer me to a program where this wont happen i would really appriciate it thanks!!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well the best way to get the best quailty is to do a disk to disk, you know dvd to dvd, what you are trying to do is convert a avi file that you downloaded from the net and convert it to dvd, convertxtodvd is a great program but it can only be as good as what it has to work with, it is kinda like this garbage in garbage out, how fast are you burning? what kind of media are you using? no multitasking, what you should allways do is to make sure that the file that you are going to convert is the best you can get, so make sure to check the quailty.

3. leesom

leesom Guest

yeh i follow.. i am burning at 4x and the media that i generally is of top quality but i always seem to get a pixelated movie.. is there a spesific program you would recommend or should i stick with vso ?? .. thanks

4. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    as RD says what goes in comes out
    your using the best converter, so the source must be suspect, although a little pixalation from an AVI download is not uncommen