1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting avi to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by finfan13, Mar 24, 2004.

1. finfan13

finfan13 Member

hello all im doing a conversion following your guides and using this tmpgenc. is there some other program to do this and a guide for it? i have a xp pro with 512 ram ata 100 drive and xp2400 chip. and its going to take me 24hrs to do a 700mb avi! please help me if anyone can complete this faster. thanks pat pbryant69@comcast.net

2. daba

daba Guest

If you have Nero 6, you can use NeroVision Express to convert the AVI files, author the DVD and burn the disc. Very easy to use.

On my AMD Athlon XP2000, it takes about an hour to convert a 4 GB AVI file.

Be aware the image quality might not be as good as with TMPGEnc...

3. finfan13

finfan13 Member

daba, excellent news i will try it and compare it to the other program. is there a guide to do all this with nero or does it convert, and author automatically or what do i have to do to get this done and burned?? thanks pat

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I've also used NVE to do some AVI conversions with very pleasing results (combined AVI, MPEG and VOB's together at times also). The latest was an Xvid, I added a Dolby Digital logo VOB (just for grins), merged them, and created chapter stops. Very nice. The only thing I've noticed is NVE seems to insist on creating a rather unattractive menu. To eliminate this I open the NVE files in Recode to eliminate it and do the final burn. The only problem I seem to have is sometimes Recode can't open the NVE files (get an error). I then use IC8 to eliminate the menu and do the final burn. No 5.1 though, but if you have the room, the LCPM audio option sounds good.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  5. finfan13

finfan13 Member

lol, thanks but this is basically greek to me as im a newbie at this. i wouldnt know what the menufile to delete looks like let alone what it is! when i open the nve does it give me steps to follow from beginning to burn?? or is there a guide somewhere that details what to do using nve? thanks pat

6. daba

daba Guest

NeroVision is wizard oriented. Very easy to use. For your matter:
    - run it,
    - select "Make a new DVD" or something,
    - import your video file(s)
    - click Next a few times (it will build a default menu).

That's it !