1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting AVI to DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by laredoboy, Mar 6, 2007.

1. laredoboy

laredoboy Guest

HI, Okay I'm new at this! I'm trying to figure out how to convert a avi movie file to dvd format...I tried to encode the avi movie file with my Nero, but it shuts it-self off before it does anything. DVD santa does the same thing...so I guess that means that I can't use those programs to convert that file...am I correct? So then, would I have to use the software mentioned in this forum, and then use Nero or Dvd santa to encode to dvd format? I appreciate any advice, thank you...Victoria

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

3. src2206

src2206 Member

NERO is the worst software for conversion job, and IMHO, the latest ver7 is a complete crap.

If you are looking for a paid prog then use ConvertXToDVD, as it is worth of every penny [and it is quite cheap].

If you have a little spare time and interested to go through a small guide then use AVI2DVD along with HCEnc which comes bundled in it. And the best thing about this is that you get it completely free. As a bonus the latest version will also offer you a good menu creation with scene selection feature. This is the best free 1 click convesion utility that you can get.

4. laredoboy

laredoboy Guest

Hi, thanks for your reply's. I am now using ConvertXtoDVD and it's working great!!! Very simple to use as well. Thanks Victoria