1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting avi to svcd...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by .Apu., Jan 19, 2005.

1. .Apu.

.Apu. Guest

I looked at the guides, but i could only find guids to convert avi to vcd, so maby some of you would help me?
    PLS avi to svcd not vcd...

Thanks in advance...

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

3. yohu123

yohu123 Member

hi aldaco12,
    ive converted a .avi movie to vcd format. the movie plays on the dvd player, but the video alongwith the audio skips together quite frequently. although the vcd plays just fine on my cdrw drive. ive used tmpgenc for the conversion. since the original audio was ac3 format, i used virtualdubmod to extract the audio and then re-encoded it as .mp2 format and used that alongwith the original avi file, using tmpgenc, to give the final vcd movie. ive pasted the properties of the original and converted file,using virtualdubmod,as follows :-

Original :
    [​IMG]

Converted :
    [​IMG]

what did i do wrong?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

You don't seem to have mistaken anything. What about the CD-R? What the movie does, if the VCD is put on a PC? If the VCD works (but even if it doesn't), it might be a problem of the write speed, the media, and so on..
    Try again using a CD-RW burniong, it at low speed.
    I have no more ideas....

5. yohu123

yohu123 Member

i wrote the movie on the cd-r at a speed of 8x. i tried writing on multiple cd-r's but they play the same way on the dvd player. although all of them play just fine on my pc's cdrw drive. i wrote all of them at 8x thinking that speed is low enough. shud i write at a lower speed? if yes, what speed wud u suggest? also, how do i find out the read speed of a dvd/vcd player from its technical specifications???