1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting .bin / .ccd / .cdi files to .iso AND mp3

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bjim217, Jun 6, 2003.

1. bjim217

bjim217 Member

I have various format images .ccd / .bin / .cdi and wish to convert them all to .iso WITH .mp3 as well

Is there a way to do this without burning them to disc first. If i do have to burn them - what program rips cd's to .iso WITH .mp3 files?

i have tried using blindread / bin2iso etc but they only produce an .iso file. How do i get the mp3 files?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2003
  2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

My advice would be to first backup all your image formats to cd-r using Alcohol 120 as this program supports many shell formats. If any of these files are SecuROM cd protected then you'll need to use BlindWrite Suite to backup SecuROM, preferably SecuROM v4.83 or higher. You can use Daemon Tools(DVD\CD-Rom emulater) to "mount" the images but no guarentee they will install and play m8. I know you can create an image of a music cd using EAC (Exact Audio Copy), but not sure what the file format is.
    Alcohol 120 1.4.3.518:http://www.alcohol-software.com/
    Daemon Tools:http://www.daemon-tools.com/Frames/mainlowmid.htm
    EAC:http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Shoey :)

3. bjim217

bjim217 Member

thanks very much for the advice, just two questions though

1. when you make an iso image from these various types does it not have the audio information in it? Do i need to extract that separately?

2. When you download isos from the net they nearly always come with an iso AND heaps of mp3's - what prog do they use to get these? or do they do the iso with one prog and all the mp3s with another [cd ripper for example liek exact audio copy or altomp3maker]

thanks shoey

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

1) For pc games that need no reading of sub-q data\audio(Safedisc 2), I would use Alcohol 120 1.4.3.518 and choose Iso for my format instead of .mds.

2) For pc games that need sub-q data\audio(SecuROM), I would use BlindWrite Suite and choose output file format as ISO@2352.

In short, when one makes an iso of any image it is possible there are mp3 or wave files in there m8.
    ----------------------------------------------

You can use a tool called CDMage and drag-ndrop the iso and you'll see the directory over to the right. Are these formats that you're downloading pc games or actual images of cd's? (albums)

BlindWrite Suite:http://www.blindwrite.com/
    CDMage:http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2003
  5. bjim217

bjim217 Member

they are images of game cds for sega saturn and segaCD.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

nero makes .nrg which i think is iso type? as isouster can read it but with iso i have never seen one iso and lots of mp3 with it?

iso or nrg are one file as when you copy a disc it gives you one image?

thx..

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Do as Rotary suggessted and use IsoBuster or CDMage and see the directory of the image formats you download to extract the wave or mp3 tunes seperatly m8. I don't know if Sega Saturn pc games can be backed up? I heard they couldn't....

IsoBuster:http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    NOT a freebie program^, CDMage is

8. freup

freup Member

cept CDMage doesnt do Bin/Cue > ccd/img conversion ;[....

(and I don't want to use Demon tools)

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

bjim217 didn't mention anything about conversion, he\she wants to extract the mp3 or wave files from these formats and CDMage can get the job done m8. bjim217 can load every image to CDMage, then explore the directory of the image and get all the mp3 or waves and extract to a seperate folder and burn as audio.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

yes? i was abit confused at bjim217 question...

fromwhat i can gather he wants to burn an iso with mp3 on the disc itself?

say the iso plus 12 mp3 so in all you see 13 files on the cdr?

??????

would this be multisession?

beam me up scotty must be time for dinner! LOL

cheers all........._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 512meg[/small]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2003
  11. freup

freup Member

oh "I have various format images .ccd / .bin / .cdi and wish to convert them all to .iso" WITH .mp3 as well

12. bjim217

bjim217 Member

This is a list of the files in a download of a segaCD game for running under gens v2.11

Track_1(Mode1_2048).ISO
    Track_2.MP3
    Track_3.MP3
    Track_4.MP3
    Track_5.MP3

This is what i am on about a mixture of .iso and .mp3 files and BOTH are needed to run the game in the emulator.

so i am still stuck as i want my .bin file to be converted into .iso and .mp3 - i guess i will head on over to an emu forum.

thanks for all your help though guys.

13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

nero will do an iso image but could the files you have be the REAL game file .ISO for burning? and the mp3 are extra for you to listen to as it may be ripped?

ok you can use nero to make DATA cd and put all them on it! remember to use VOLUME label as the game may call for it! when loaded...

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

How do you figure your stuck m8? All you need to do is burn the file formats with Alcohol 120 1.4.3.518, Burn RAO DAO with option ticked "rectify subchannel data" and burn at 8x.

15. bjim217

bjim217 Member

would like to be able to convert without burning first though.

reason i need to convert is that gens emulator only runs .iso / .mp3 format segaCD games and not .bin games.

see http://www.zonesega.com/forum/index.php