1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting/burning KVCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ahiah9, Jul 10, 2007.

1. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

So I'm converting several avi's to kvcd using the program ACP, and tmpgenc does most of the work. After it produces the mpg, I use VCDEasy to get a bin/cue. That, in turn gets burnt with Nero 6. Every movie I do comes out VERY choppy and unwatchable. I've tried different framerates, encoding qualities, cd brands, and dvd players. Same results. If I burn kvcd's obtained from other places, that are already in bin/cue, and burn them... it is fine. I've read more guides than I can count, and tried converting with other programs and just tmpgenc by itself, all of which give me the same problem. I like ACP though because I get better quality mpeg files with it, than I do encoding by hand. Sorry to make this so long, but I guess I needed to vent, lol.
    Anyway, I'm running XP Home, 2.6 gig processor and 1 gig of ram. It all plays fine on the pc... just not a DVD player. Any suggestions?

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

i have not used the program that you are using so don't know how well it works, have you tryed convertxtodvd? verry good program, also you might have a pal avi and your program don't like this avi

3. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

I use ConvertXtoDVD alot... but that's if I want to put a movie on a DVD. A kvcd is a movie that fits on a cd. As for the avi being PAL, it isn't. But I can play both PAL & NTSC.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

yes i kn ow that a kvcd is for cd's but you can put the video on dvd, try running the file through gspot and see what tells you, also you might try running the file through vlc player and see what shows

5. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

Okay. The file plays fine on Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic and VLC player. No jerkyness, or stuttering at all. I am thinking that the problem is in the mpeg encoding itself, and not the burning but I could be wrong. If I had the answer, I wouldn't be here. :) Here is a screenshot taken from GSpot. If I need to provide anything else, don't hesitate to tell me. Thank you.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g208/ahiah9/GSpot.png