1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting .cue and .bin files to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SydMatt, Jan 11, 2005.

1. SydMatt

SydMatt Member

Yes, its true, im a chump, trying to teach myself how to burn a movie thats on my hard drive as a .bin file [812mb] and a .cue file [187 bytes its small, but i have no idea what its for so i will list it here] to dvd. I have a sony DRX-510 UL DVD+/-R burner and the discs are -R, with Nero Burning ROM 6.3.1.12 Sony Edition. Its an xp machine. I want to write these files to a dvd so that I can watch them on my dvd player, as well as on my pc.
    I have looked at the FAQ's and while they are good, i dont know enough yet to know which one i want.
    Any help gratefully recieved

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

3. SydMatt

SydMatt Member

Andmerr, thanks for that, but i have tried that one, and while i was able to get the file onto the dvd its unplayable both on my dvd player and on my pc using a few different media players.
    I want to convert the files from bin files to what ever the correct file is to play on a dvd player.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear SydMatt,
    We all had problems when we first began our 'burning career', so don't feel bad. *_*
    The guide cited is good, make no mistake about it. But I often do it in a simpler manner:
    1) Use VCDGear to convert the .bin and .cue files into mpeg format.
    2) Start Nero Vision Express, click 'Make DVD', then choose 'DVD Video', 'add video files', select and paste the mpeg files, then follow the lead from there.

VCDGear is downlodable from here:
    http://www.vcdgear.com/

Please post again if you still get problems.
    Good luck!

5. SydMatt

SydMatt Member

scf_au
    thanks very much for this, its appreciated, and it seemed to be working, right up until the end when i get a message thus;
    Please insert an empty disc to write to"
    The twin bars in Nero read as follows;
    Current Progress is blank
    Total Progress shows as done
    but the disc is blank?
    What have i done wrong?
    thanks heaps

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Ah~~~~~~~~~~~~. *(Moan) *_*

No worry, let's do it step by step:
    1) check whether VCDGear has done its job (mpegs playable?)
    2) after pasting the mepgs to Nero, check again when you get to the remote control screen.
    3) when the 'insert empty disc' box appears, it means that Nero has done all the encoding, and the files are ready for the final burning. If step 1-2 are fine, then may be you should instruct Nero to burn to folder instead of DVD first. If successful, then try burn to DVD from folder.
    Let's give it a go and see what happens, shall we?

7. hursty

hursty Active member

@scf-au..doesnt nerovision express convert yout files for you?instead of using vcdgear?i have never had the need to convert these files before,so it is something that is new to me,i use nero vision express,but only to convert dvix to dvd.
    with kind regards hursty.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  8. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

To put the long story short, Nero cannot handle all kinds of .bin and.cue files (This is clearly indicated in the guide cited also). That's why I have suggested a different method for someone who is having problems with using Nero directly. However, I have also indicated that the guide is good. I think this makes sense.

9. hursty

hursty Active member

cheers for that......you learn something new everyday
    regards hursty

10. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Still, our dear friend SydMatt is not having complete success yet. We need to wait and see.
    BTW, I have also found that on my system Nero cannot handle all .dats. And in that situation VCDGear also comes in handy.

11. SydMatt

SydMatt Member

scf_au at last i have done it, thank you for your help, should you ever be looking for a beer in sydney, let me know.
    thanks again.

12. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I'll treat myself to a Foster here!
    Cheers!

*_* ur~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ops!

13. jake180

jake180 Member

scf_au ( or anyone who can help :),

Hi, I just did a quick search for posts on .bin and .cue files... and thought maybe you could help me with a rather simple question .. :) (aren't they all...)

I have a program (not a movie) that is in this format .bin and .cue ... I am wondering if there is a good, possibly free, program I can download to burn these files ... or if its possible to convert the files somehow on my computer so I don't need to burn the program onto a cd or dvd just in order to install it back onto my computer ... you follow?? I tend to ramble .. lol

Right now I don't have Nero installed on my computer ... but I think I have a copy kicking around somewhere... what I do have is dvd decrypter and dvd shrink (all I use anymore for backing up dvd's) anyways... any help would be appreciated... THX

14. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

15. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

16. jake180

jake180 Member

Thanks I'll check out that proggy and thread !