1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting downloads back to original/working formats

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by joebarby, Dec 11, 2004.

1. joebarby

joebarby Member

I ama newbie to downloading games and movies. I have a few downloaded games and movies (games are ISO and movie is dozens of RAR zip files containing AVI vidio clips)

I am interested in learning how to converting these back into working (on disk) GAME formats and (on disk) movies.

I have DVD Shrink/Decryptor, Clone DVD, Nero, Alchahol120, and several ISO converters that I havent checked out yet.

noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Burn .iso / .bin / .cue images with your favourite burning software program. I use Nero 6 or Alcohol 120%.

Movies is a bit more tricky... since I don't exactly do movies, I'll let someone else explain. =P

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

what do you want to do with the AVI file? If you want to say burn it onto a DVD, try TMPGENC to encode it. Check the guides section of aD:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    There's bound to be a guide to help you do what you want.

4. joebarby

joebarby Member

thanks

I converted Doom 3 from ISO files 1, 2, 3, all went smoothly as did the game install too, but when I try to start the game, an error telling me to insert Doom 3 disc 1, click OK and restart the application. Needles to say, it won't work. any suggestions as to either testing these ISO files before I waste time and discs burning bad downloas OR where can I download game (doom 3 and others like it) that are proven to work???

as for the Movie files, it turned to be all in Spanish and I deleted it. I will try TMPGEnc and see what it's about. the snag in downloaded movies is, the dozens of zips or RARs can't seem to be extracted to a single directory in a "batch" and either have to be sent to individual folders (as a batch) or extracted one by one manually (as far as I can tell).

joe

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ joebarby

Had you read the forum rules you'd have known posting email addies isn't allowed.

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Joebarby... tsk tsk, you have a lot to learn about downloading games =P

The reason Doom 3 didn't work is because you didn't apply the crack that the release group created, which I think is located in CD1. Usually, when you download a game, there should be a .nfo file (which you can open with Notepad) which contains instructions. Always look for .nfo files when downloading games.

If you can't find the .nfo file, then here's a site that is pretty much up to date with every .nfo released.

http://www.theisonews.com

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  7. joebarby

joebarby Member

I do have a lot to learn about all aspects of underground computing. I just need to remember to explore all files better. When I converted the ISO to disc, and the game install screen came up when I inserted the disc, I assumed all I needed ti do was enter the producd KEY and all done... I knew about NFO files but have only seen them after unpacking ZIP or RAR downloads I never downloaded ISO before.

And about the e-mail posting I didn't know and figured it is better to discuss some topics via e-mail instead of posting questionable subjects openly... So may forums and so many different rules (just can't remember them all) please forgive...

thanks for the info
    Joe (warezAholic)