1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting DVD-9 to DVD-5 with CCE?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by oregon05, Apr 26, 2005.

1. oregon05

oregon05 Guest

I'm trying to convert a DVD-9 to a DVD-5 with the menus intact. I've used IFO Edit to strip the few extras on the DVD-9, but the video file--even with one audio stream--still has too high a bit rate.

Is there a way to use Cinema Craft Encoder to re-encode the video stream so it fits on a DVD-5?

I want to remove the high bit rate, insert the new one, and retain the IFO files.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Can"t do it that way...Why?? Because the IFO and BUP files have Information on every GOP of the Source VOB files and after encodeing this Information will Not Jive with the Newly encoded File cuz the Gop structure and I frames will be Slightly Different....

If you would Like to Keep all of the Menu"s and Special Features and Use CCE as your Encoder then you should Check out a Program called "DVD Rebuilder" which is a DVD Backup program that uses CCE as it"s Encoder(Also a few other encoders can be used) and it uses AVISynth and DVD2AVI to decode and Frameserve the Vob files to CCE...

It will let you Keep or Drop all of the Special Features and Menu"s ect....

I use CCE to Back up My DVD"s But I use a Different Method which is Fairly complex...I usually Drop the Menu"s and Special Features because I usually Try to Put 2 or More Retial DVD9"s on to a Single DVD5 and I make my own Menu were I can select which Movie I want to watch...I have even Been able to get 4 Full Movies on a Single DVD with better than VCD Quality ,Actually Closer to SVCD Quality....

Cheers

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

The other option is to run it through DVDShrink.
    If it's not small enough after that, do it again. :)