1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting DVD+R to DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JJenn74, Apr 15, 2005.

1. JJenn74

JJenn74 Member

I burned about 15 movies to DVD+R discs before I realized that my old (about 5 years) DVD standalone player would not play then properly. I was trying to copy the ISO file from the DVD+R onto a DVD-R. It doesn't seem to be working. I'm using DVD Decryter mostly but I've also tried Nero. Is there something I'm missing? Is it possible, or do I need to use the original again?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

what apps made the dvd+r films?

and how you did it was what i was going to say do! seems odd?

unless its the media and the player doenst like it either? that the dvd-r ones.

3. JJenn74

JJenn74 Member

My player will play DVD-R with no problem at all. The DVD+R skips and locks up. The DVD+Rs that I have ripped play fine in all my other players (Playstation 2 and CPU). I used the same apps (Decrypter and Shrink) to make all my discs. I was just trying to avoid all those steps, hopefully burn a straight copy onto the DVD-R format and avoid buying a new DVD player.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

what burner you got as you can change the booktype for + format to make it more like - format!

[​IMG]

also you can use nero to change settings on burn to make more compatible!

[​IMG]

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That is excellent info, Rotary. I knew about the Decrypter method for bitsetting. Never knew you could do it with Nero. I guess I could have looked though. Can I steal this for my website? I have a bit about booktype there and this would be good info.

BTW JJenn74 are using Decrypter ISO Read on the original +R copy and then ISO Write to make the -R copy? This works OK for me.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hi JJenn74,

A little more info would probably help also. What brand, model dvdrw? What brand, media ID dvd+r's?

Mort