1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting files from WinTV-PVR-150 to play on DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by denn7896, Mar 9, 2005.

1. denn7896

denn7896 Member

I'm a real newbie at this so I apologize in advance.
    I have a Hauppauge WinTV-150 tuner card and it is rally neat to a point. I am able to play and capture to my hard drive live feeds from my satellite and also if I hook up a camcorder, dvd, or vcr. I am capturing them in the DVD standard mode (recommended) and then I can easily play them back with InterVideo WinDVD. All I have to do is double clik on the file and intervideo begins playing them perfectly.
    Where I am running into a major problem is when I try to convert/record any of these files to DVD files to play on a DVD player. I have several programs sonic mydvd, nero vision express, dvd shrink to name a few, but none will recognize the files I have created and record them on a dvd disk.
    I have tried to read the guides and to be honest they seem over my head. I guess I was hoping there was a program/software that would just take the video files I have captured, convert them to DVD files, and burn them on a dvd disk for me.
    I can't even tell you what kind of files are created as windows explorer just shows "intervideo media file".
    I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some basic simple steps. I have the file on my hard drive...what do I do first? Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Check out the guide at my website called "Convert AVI to DVD" link is in my signature..

3. denn7896

denn7896 Member

bbmayo - thanks thanks thanks...
    I downloaded software and followed your guide and it worked great. Burned with nero vision express. I seemed to lose a little quality but from what I've read that is normal. Again thanks for sharing your knowledge and (ha) making it simple enough that even I can understand it. Denny

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You welcome :)
    yes you are always going to lose quality when converting from AVI to DVD format