1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting HD wmv file to DVD

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by bassdog69, Jan 15, 2009.

1. bassdog69

bassdog69 Member

Hello forum. I have a 10.4G HD-WMV file that ConvertXtoDVD describes as VC1 AP, yuv420p, 1920x1080, 1/1000, 9171 kb/s, Offset 0 ms, that I would like to burn to dvd because when I try to play it in GOM player it locks up every 5 seconds for a second and obviously I cannot view it this way.

I posted in the DVD authoring forum after I had converted to a vob file in Magic Video Converter. I didn't have the ifo and bup files, MVC only made the one vob which is a 4.8G file that CXtoDVD describes as an MPEG-2, yuv420p, 720x576 [PAR 1:1 DAR 5:4], 1/25, 104857 kb/s, Offset 0 ms file.

I took advice and tried to make the ifo and bup files in ifoedit but it didn't work. No files would create even though the program said it was converting.

So, right now I only have the vob file and the original 10.4G HD-wmv file.

Could someone advise on the different programs and best ways to convert to DVD or DL DVD? I realize I might have to give up some of the full HD quality of my original file, but since it is already HD, it should still look quite good even after it is converted and/or shrunk, I'm hoping.

Thanks in advance as I've never worked with HD files before and am very new to them so a bit of explanation along with the instructions would help as well : )

2. Happy2009

Happy2009 Guest

You should convert HD WMV files to VOB files firstly,and then you can burn the files to DVD for watching on DVD players.
    Follow this demo about SPAM - How to convert HD WMV files to VOB on Mac

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009