1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting intervideo windvr captures using virtual dub

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by willya29, Feb 3, 2005.

1. willya29

willya29 Guest

I am using intervideo windvr to capture tv. When I try to use virtual dub to recapture and convert, it tells me there are no video files in the capture. The file will play on windows media player and is an mpeg file. What is the problem? I also want to use tmpg encode to merge and cut these files is this possible? As you can tell I don't know much about all this, but I surely want to learn.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What are you Trying to Make and what is the Purpose of Useing V-Dub because it only supports Mpeg-1 files not Mpeg-2....

3. willya29

willya29 Guest

I have "discovered" how to capture with virtualdub mod, but still can't get anything in version 1.6.3. I am using vdub to make avi files. Then I am trying to use tmpegencto merge and cut, then make an mpeg file that I can burn to vdr. I am just learning to do all this stuff, but, despite the sometime frustrations, I am enjoying myself. Thanks for the answerNot only that, but these programs are free and being retired, I can't afford to pay a lot of money for some of the other programs.

I am having one problem that maybe you can help with. When I capture with vdub, I lose all color. With intervideowin dvr, the color is just fine. DO I need some sort of codec? willya29