1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting MP43 VIDEO

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by boing2, Mar 31, 2005.

1. boing2

boing2 Guest

I have a video file that according to GSpot is an ASF comprising of MP43 video with WMAudioV2

How do I convert this thing to an MPEG1 or MPEG2 for use on vcd/svcd or dvd

Tmpgenc wont open it, Flask wont open it and neither wil bbmepg

NOTE, the file WILL open in Realplayer so I am not sure it is a codec problem

Any ideas people?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2005
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Actually, TMPGenc 2.5 plus does it, and maybe even the freeware version. Maybe there is a modification of VirtualDub which can load it, to check if there is any audio problem as written in http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 (use ASF instead of AVI).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  3. boing2

boing2 Guest

So far I have tried the 1.3 version of virtualdub (the supposedly asf friendly version) but was met with an error message 'ASF: Data Chunk Not Found' when I tried to select the asf file

Tmpgenc?, I went to environmental settings and clicked the 'output to AVI' bit instead of mpeg and a box popped up asking me to select a save destination, I selected one and then tmpgenc made its customary 'finshed sound' and saved an empty file to that destination rather than encoding the asf to avi then saving

WHAT I am doing wrong??? lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  4. dvr-390h

dvr-390h Member

im having the same problem ive got a dvr-390h and when i record a dvd or old video its stored as a asf file so mate im having the same problem converting this to a dvd

5. whoisit01

whoisit01 Member

I see that you have the dvr-390H, i just got it, I want to know does the thing actually play divx/xvid or not? I have tried copying a 50meg clip to it, and it didnt play it, I have also tried converting that clip to an mpeg4(asf) and it get the thumbnail but wont play.. all reviews have showed that the device does play divx... whats your experience been with it?

PS: there doesnt seem to be a shuffle function on the mp3 player.. another minus for it, i'm thinking of selling it or taking it back

6. dvr-390h

dvr-390h Member

ive had no problems with it at all i dont think you can play that file on it the only problems ive had is transerfering a clip from it to dvd its a great player

7. whoisit01

whoisit01 Member

so DVR 390H, are you saying that it does play divx, so how do you actually copy files that are divx or xvid to it, so you can watch them on the train, or on someone elses tv?

Also, dont you find the lack of a shuffle function for mp3 annoying, you cant have your own jukebox like the ipod

Thanks

8. dvr-390h

dvr-390h Member

thats doesnt do my head in im going on a cruise ship soon so it will realy come in handy phone vivitar and ask them