1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting mpeg 4 video to dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dvr-390h, May 4, 2005.

1. dvr-390h

dvr-390h Member

i realy need help i recently bought a dvr-390h which allows you to record video from tv,dvd and vhs into mpeg 4 video
    what is the best way to convert these videos to be able to burn them to dvd

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you put Mpeg-4 files on to DVD the same way as any Format files...

First you have to encode the Mpeg-4 files to Mpeg-2/DVD Format useing a Good Mpeg encoder Like "Tmpgenc" and after the Files have been encoded to Mpeg-2/DVD Format you have to use a DVD authoring program so you can add your Menu"s and Chapters and to Burn the DVD...I suggest "MediaChance DVDLab Pro" for doing this....

If you want to go the Super easy route and Make a Very Basic DVD with no Menu"s then try "VSO DivXtoDVD" which is Freeware and will take you directly from your Video file to a Video_TS Folder which you just have to burn to DVD in DVD Video Mode and that is it....

Cheers

3. dvr-390h

dvr-390h Member

no i cant use tmpgenc it want let me open the videos on my dvr-390h is there any other way i can encode these videos.
    when i use roxio severn the file is too big for a 4.7 gb disc how can i burn these files off the recorder

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

What is the Extention of these Files?? Are they ".avi" files or are they ".mp4" files??

5. dvr-390h

dvr-390h Member

when i record an old video it is stored as an asf file in mpeg 4 format