1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting mpg to flv

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Dr_G, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. Dr_G

    Dr_G Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I don't know if this is the right place to post it but here goes.

    I have an mpg file(90MB) that I want to convert to an flv file for easier online viewing, the mpg file is 90MB has a bit rate of 1.78Mbit/s and the res is 720x576(tv res.)

    I now wonder what;s the best setting to convert it while maintaning the quality, when I convert the video with Sorenson Squeeze to flv with a bit rate of ~1.7Mbit/s it becomes 330MB and that's too much.


    Does anyone have an idea of wich settings I should use?I could experiment but converting the video takes many hours.


    (p.s. I tried to search but it was disabled)
     
  2. abelz22

    abelz22 Guest

    Hi there,

    I recommend video to flash encoder for four reason:
    1. Keep originals with reduced size
    2. Powerful Video and Audio Editing Ability
    3. Experiment with effects and movie templates
    4. Upload to Internet
    Feel free to have a try!
    you can refer this article:http://www6.flash-on-tv.com/resource/video-to-flash-article1.html
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2006
  3. Dr_G

    Dr_G Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I am not asking wich program to use but wich settings I should use.

    Sorenson Squeeze is one of the best programs arounds so I'm not switching.

    p.s.

    I hope you get banned
     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  4. celtic_d

    celtic_d Regular member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2005
    Messages:
    3,352
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    I'd resize down, converting to 1:1 PAR and de-interlacing if your source is interlaced, then do a 2 pass VP62 encode. Pick the bitrate for the size you want and a resolution to match.
     
  5. Dr_G

    Dr_G Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Thanks I'll try that
     
  6. Nephilim

    Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2003
    Messages:
    13,161
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    116
    abelz22

    Advertising isn't allowed in the forums. Take that link out of your sig immediately.
     

Share This Page