1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting NTI's .ncd to .iso or some other usable extension

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by formasual, May 26, 2005.

1. formasual

formasual Guest

I tried to copy and paste a DVD to my hard drive and obviously, that didn't work. I got a Cyclic Redundancy Error somewhere in the vicinity of 77%. I tried NTI, because it never seems to have problems reading for me. I don't recall if I was given an option for what file extension I wanted to use, but I saved an image of the DVD using NTI's .ncd file extension. I tried to mount this file on a virtual drive and it wouldn't open or play. Same thing if I tried to open the file directly. I tried to use NTI to open it, but that still didn't help.

I figure if I can just convert it to another file extension, such as .iso, then I should be able to watch my movie on my computer.

Or perhaps there is a better approach? I ran a search on the internet and saw an app called UltraISO, but the reviews seem to state that it doesn't work for video.

Any ideas?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

DVD Decrypter, rip it to your hard drive in about 2 clicks.
    DVD Shrink if you want to reburn a copy of it, have Shrink output an ISO, then burn it with Decrypter (or Nero, burn image).

3. formasual

formasual Guest