1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting protected WMV Files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by DSMKilla, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

petermus,

I removed those links in your post for a reason and that reason WAS NOT so you could turn around and put them back in. I also had a look at your posts history and found you've been using our forums to drum up sales for that site. Buh bye.

2. diableria

diableria Guest

hey 320X240 is actually ok for internet videos, it may not be high quality but it's decent looking, if you are looking for high quality then just pay for your monthly membership. but if you are smart enough you should stick to tunebite. plus if you are even smarter you can find the whole thing for free. yes free. try harder

3. diableria

diableria Guest

and i may be a newbie but im not advertising any software. i just wanna help other people out cause i went through that.

4. Nephilim

How do you think I got it. I'm not paying for it so I can test it once for someone else. It was uninstalled and deleted after I made that post describing my results. If I pay for a video it's a full screen DVD quality film that I won't "make do" watching at such a ridiculous resolution. Thats the screen resolution of my phone for crying out loud.

Also, I never you being a newbie was a factor in anything. When I see someone running around posting one line links to the same site/product I call it advertising. We get plenty of folks using our forums to boost affiliate stats.

If you want to help people then great, try putting some time into a post that actually says something. If you ever re edit a post after I have you're history again.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  5. diableria

diableria Guest

conclusion: if you are poor like me stick to tunebite, it's worth it.
    but if you got a lot of money then you dont need to rip off any videos. you just buy them (you got a lot of money in the first place right?). being poor rules. good luck.

6. sinistrad

sinistrad Member

Wow, do you still not understand? The program (even WITH a serial number) does not allow you to copy a DRM protected video UNLESS you already have the key to it (i.e. you bought it) If you don't have the key, since WMP has to play the file still, then tunebite can do nothing for you. Besides that, with the new rules in place on afterdawn I wouldn't want to see a post on here about how to get through DRM anymore, just because I don't want to see Afterdawn get into any trouble.

However, I do agree that tunebite is a decent program if you want to make small versions of movies you already own to pop onto a portable media player or pocket PC like I use it for. But please, just stop with the advertising, the word is already out there on this forum and you repeating it ad nauseum is just going to make people less likely to try it out.

7. diableria

diableria Guest

ok mister hero

8. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Well, here are the facts I've seen about Tunebite, most of which nobody here denies: 1.) It does not crack even though it claims to i.e. false advertisement; 2.) it creates crap quality; and 3.) it is heavily pitched by spammers and con-artists (I make that assessment not just from what I've seen here, but also on other sites), then there is NO REASON FOR ANYONE TO BUY IT! Even a free version wouldn't be worth the download. It's garbage and you can get other software to do the same thing, FOR FREE, and with better results.

So why not move on?!!

9. Nephilim

I'll help everyone move on ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.