1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting svcd to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rappy, Feb 13, 2005.

1. rappy

rappy Member

Hi There, i have just d/l a film that is a svcd on 2 cd's, can anybody tell me any software i can use to convert it so i can watch it on my home dvd player as a dvd (ie vob files), thanks very much.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok sit back and i will begin!

you need to take the BIG file from each disc so you have disc 1 file and disc 2 file (cant remember what they are named?) it will be like 700meg ish?

now you need to convert them to mpeg2 dvd compliant so use TMPGENC PLUS to do this, load them in and use a template for PAL or NTSC etc (saves doing all settings!) once you loaded the template for pal say there is a folder called extras go in there and load the UNLOCK template over the top of the pal or ntsc one used just before! (think its for sync between video/audio?????)

[​IMG]

NOTE = if the big files wont load to tmpgenc plus, put them in VCDeasy and use tab mpeg tools to convert the RIFF header then they will load to tmpgenc plus ok!

[​IMG]

TIP = load the tmpgenc plus up TWICE and convert both files at the same time! so you end up with 2 mpeg2 dvd compliant files...

then load the both mpeg2 files into TMPGENC DVD Author to convert to vobs/ifos/bups and the app will burn aswell!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005