1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting to AMV problems

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by loosie, Jul 12, 2007.

1. loosie

loosie Member

I need to convert video files to AMV to play them on my MP4 player. I have the AMV convert 3.68 program & have successfully converted & played some vids on the player, but others won't convert fully.

They start converting & after a few second, the program says 'failed' but gives no details. If I copy these files to the player, or watch them on my computer, they only play the first few seconds & then stop.

The videos are fully watchable in any other format, such as AVI, MPG, WMV that I've converted them to. Other AMV vids I've successfully converted work fine. I've tried the AMV converter with all these formats with the same result. I've also tried to find a different converter on the net but it seems that is the only free one available(?)

Anyone please??

2. Aceice

Aceice Guest

*spam removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  3. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

It's most likely that the files are corrupted.Try getting a copy of them from a different source.By the way,no mp4 player can play mp4 format.Thats for Ipods.No offence Aceice.I don't mean to be rude.

4. loosie

loosie Member

Hi, the files work in other formats on my computer, just not in AMV(?)

5. Aceice

Aceice Guest

think some profiles for iPod some not.