1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting vhs to dvd and editing

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by WTCAMB, Feb 12, 2004.

1. WTCAMB

WTCAMB Member

I am a newbie. I have old vhs family video tapes. I have a Sansui combination vhs/dvd recorder which will let me dub these tapes to a dvd-r or dvd-rw. I also have a NEC DVD +RW ND-1100 A burner on my pc. I would like to edit out some of the scenes on the videos on my dvd after dubbing. Using dvd shrink it creates VIDEO_TS files. They come up like VTS_01_1, etc.
    What type of editing program do I need? Most will not recognize these type files. I have Adobe Premiere 6.5., but it is looking for different type files, not the one I get on my DVD. I have no capture device because I thought after dubbing to a DVD, I might be able to edit. Do I need a capture device to do this to do this or do I need some special software?

2. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Mpeg-VCR !!! u can edit out any section u want.just play with it a bit,& u-will get the hang cut left,cut right,cut between.u'll see what I mean once u start playing. u won't ruin your original as it make a diff movie for u