1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting video to dvd

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by tru003, Aug 10, 2004.

1. tru003

tru003 Regular member

I have some video files loaded on my computer. I just want to know what program I can use to burn them on a dvd?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well First you Files have to be in a Specifc format before they can be "Authored" To DVD....
    They Must first me in a DVD Compliant Mpeg2 Format...
    and then you need to use a DVD authoring program to put them on DVD...I suggest DVDLab....

3. mindgod

mindgod Guest

Nero Vision Express will do the job. It will convert to DVD format and burn.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Accept that Nero Vision Express is one of the Crappyest programs ever created...Especially it"s Mpeg encodeing which is the worst Of any Mpeg encoder I have ever seen....

5. mindgod

mindgod Guest

Well, I didn't see anything wrong with it. What do you recommend instead? FX?

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

I suppose if you have never been exposed to anything else then vision express would seem OK...

I have 2 Big Problems with Vision Express , One is that it"s encodeing is Just awefull compared to what you could achieve useing a High Quality Mpeg encoder..
    The Second problem I have with it is that even if your Source Files are allready 100% DVD Compliant it will Still Re-encode the Files which greatly degrades the Quality....

When Useing a High Quality Encoder Like "CinemaCraft encoder" or "Canopus procoder" or "MainConcept encoder" or even Tmpgenc I can get 3.5 hours of High Quality Full resolution Video on a Single DVD or 2 Full Movies when useing the Full D1 DVD Format....
    Or even 6 hours of Video or 4 full movies per DVD when useing the SIF/CIF DVD Format...

I usually use somethig like "DVDLab" for authoring the Files to DVD as it has awesome Menu features and is easy to use and it doesn"t have an encoder built in so there is no chance it will re-encode your files...

It takes a Little More work and more Knowlege to do it this way but the Results are well worth it...