1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting .vob to mpg2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stew000, Sep 9, 2004.

1. stew000

stew000 Guest

i have been trying to convert some .vob files (already on hard drive) i have used Yasasoft, DVD converter and ImTOO, in all cases i experiance probs. system locks up,prog just stops and closes its self, or system re boots by its self. this does not happen every time. my system is a P4 (2.8 prescot) with 28512 ddr sticks. mobo is a gigabyte 8IPE1000 Pro2.

also when they do work, they drop the last few frames, like on the end of a music clip when it fades out... it looses the fade out and the clip ends in a freeze frame. is there a prog out there to add a fade out to end of clip? (like cooledit can do with audio)

2. Molder

Molder Regular member

Hey Stew,
    I am new to this forum, but have been converting DVDs (*.vob files) for a while.

I start with Smartripper to rip the DVD then DVD2avi to frame serve then TMPEnc to encode.

There are many guides to assist you, I like Sefys guide (I have no ties or have no kick back).

Try http://www.videohelp.com/sefy/?id=ClassicalGuide.html

I think it is in afterdawn as well.

See how you go.

Mark