1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convertx to DVD crashing

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by kunminger, Feb 24, 2010.

1. kunminger

kunminger Member

Hey guys
    I've a problem with the software. Basically I used it for a long time with few problems, but now it's unworkable. It opens up ok, but when I add a file for conversion, the screen freezes, with the loading egg-time thing, but it does no more. when i eventually close it, it is 'not responding'.
    i've tried instaling new versions - inc v4.0.9.322a after deleting all references i can find to the prgram using search files. but to no avail.
    any ideas? i have looked at other software, but i liked this one
    cheers for any help

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

Are you using xp or vista?
    Does it do it with just one video or with all your videos?

With xp, sometime the windows explorer thumbnail shell gets corrupted and this will cause some programs that deal with video files to crash.

3. kunminger

kunminger Member

hi
    yeah it seems to be with all files. when i uninstalled convertx though it asked me if i wanted to remove a few shared dll's that were no longer being used. did a system restore though and it's not solved it.
    running xp

4. kunminger

kunminger Member

the same thing happens now when i try to add files to imgburn too, and xilisoft's dvdripper.
    is that a a dll problem? any idea how to fix it/ find out where the problem is?