1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConvertXtoDVD adding more files

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jimbo92, Apr 2, 2007.

1. jimbo92

jimbo92 Regular member

hey all,

I have burnt Saw 1 onto a DVD-RW and I want to add Saw 2 (and 3 if it will fit) onto the same disc. I originally used ConvertXtoDVD to convert and burn the first Saw movie to the disc from an AVI file.
    Obviously it took a while to convert Saw 1 the first time around and i don't want to wait three times as long to burn all three again.

Is it possible to burn Saw 2 + 3 onto the same disc without converting all three again, and also add the extra movies to the original Menu?

ta in advance

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you could do it if you used dual layer dvd, but if you just want to put on a single layerd dvd you can't put all three on one disk, also you could put them as dvix

3. jimbo92

jimbo92 Regular member

ok thanks for your help im using single layer discs so i cant do that. thankyou anyway

4. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

To follow the DVD Standard, the media has to be CLOSED / FINALISED to be playable in a DVD Player.

So even if there was space, you could not burn more to the media.

With ConvertXtoDVD, you would have to reconvert all of them together, you cannot ADD to an already converted project (Not with ConvertXtoDVD).

If you are a Video GURU, then you could convert 2 & 3 then re-write all the .IFO files and rename your .VOB files from #1 but it's would probably be quicker just to reconvert all 3 and go for lunch :)

5. jimbo92

jimbo92 Regular member

hey cougar_ii,

thanks for ya reply but i think as you said if its quicker to just reconvert them all then ill just do that, and anyway im not that familiar with changing and messing around with .vob and .ifo files, and really cant be bothered to find out if its easier reconverting